and Weigh-off, Saturday, October 6
Pumpkin Run - Registration 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. Oct. 7 at Allardt School. Line-up 7:45 to 8 a.m., and start time at 8 a.m. Categories of entry are 10K run, 5K run, 3K, and 1 mile Fun Run. New this year – Runners Costume Contest. Prizes for best individual and best group. Entry fee is $15 for the 10k, 5K, and 3k, and $10 for the 1 mile Fun Run. (Family rate three or more entries $40 total). Sponsored by Hall Family Pharmacy to benefit the Children’s Shopping Spree. Entry forms available at Hall Family Pharmacy. Submit completed form and fee to Hall Family Pharmacy or mail to Hall Family Pharmacy, P O Box 420, Jamestown, TN 38556. Or register the morning of the run. Early registrants are guaranteed a Free Pumpkin Run shirt. Other participants first come, first served.
Festival Kick-off Ceremonies –10 a.m. at Allardt City Hall. Chairman Cathy Jeffers will welcome everyone and present the 2018 Great Pumpkin Festival King and Queen and the Pumpkin Festival Beauty Pageant winners.
Children's Costume Contest - 10 a.m. on stage at Allardt City Hall. Registration at 9:30 a.m. Categories: Ages 0-2 years; 3-5 years; 6-8 years; 9-12 years; and group. Any costume theme acceptable. No live animals, please. Sponsored by Progressive Savings Bank.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Roll Contest – Registration of entries 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. Allardt Fire Hall. The $10 entry fee will go to the Allardt Volunteer Fire Department with the actual desserts being served with the meals purchased at the Fire Hall. Winners will be announced at the City Hall stage around noon, with the 1st and 2nd place winning entries being auctioned off at that time. All proceeds go to the Allardt Fire Department. The first place winners in each of the two categories will get $200 each with the 2nd place winners receiving $50.
Weigh-Off of Pumpkins and Other Vegetables – Register your pumpkins, squash, watermelons, and other vegetables from 8 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. at the Sandy’s Diner building. Entry fee $10. The actual weigh-off will take place between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Allardt is an official GPC weigh-off site.
- Pumpkins - First place - $1000 (2nd – 10th place – $400, $300, $200, $100, $50, $25)
- Watermelons - First place - $600 (2nd – 5th place – $300, $200, $100, $50)
- Green Squash - First place - $400 (2nd – 5th place – $300, $200, $100, $50)
- Prettiest Pumpkin - $100
The big pumpkin winner must ride in the parade or be disqualified. See rules and regulations at www.allardtpumpkinfestival.com. Dwight Dickson will serve as master of ceremonies. (Weigh-off scales supplied by Fairfield Scales, Nashville.)
Clyde and Zelia Stephens Memorial Auto Show
Registration Saturday from 8 a.m. – noon Central Time at the 4-Way Stop in Allardt. $10 registration fee. ALL cars and trucks welcome!
- Pumpkin Queens Choice Trophy
- Awards to Top 25. Dash plaques to the first 300 entries.
- Gift Cards and Car Wash Bucket giveaways.
- Awards and prizes start at 2:00 p.m. day of show registration only.
- Swap meet spaces (auto related items only) 15’ x 20’ - $25.
- Event Chairman: Stephen Williams, 931-265-3264.
- Sponsored by O’Reilly Auto Parts and Bank of Fentress County
Registration Saturday from 8 a.m. – noon Central Time at Allardt Land Company. $10 registration fee. ALL motorcycles welcome!
- 1st - 3rd Pumpkin Queens Choice Trophies
- Awards and Prize giveaways at Auto Show at 2:00 pm
- Day of show registration only
- Event Chairman - Doug Sells 931-704-0628
- Sponsored by Union Bank, Micro Metals Inc., and DSC Concrete.
Antique Tractor Show - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Gernt Lumber Yard behind Allardt Land Company. Event Chairman Dustin Garrett (931-319-1871. Participants will receive commemorative plaques or trophies. Sponsored by Twin Lakes Tractor and Lawn and Garrett Tractor Repair and Restoration, Jamestown. Freebies: steinertractorparts.com
Pumpkin Festival Parade - 3 p.m. – The parade is always a highlight of the day and one of the largest parades of the year for Fentress County. This year’s parade will feature the Oneida High School Pride of the Tribe Marching Band. As usual, parade entries will line up on the Baseline Road. To line up, follow Highway 52 E from Allardt past the orange water tower to the Les Franklin Road. Turn left at the Les Franklin Road. Then enter the Baseline Road from the Les Franklin Road only. The deadline for entries is noon Thursday, October 4. Registration form found in Fentress Courier. Call Crystal Tompkins at 879-5897 or 397-3495 for additional information.
Entertainment and On Stage Schedule – Allardt City Hall. William Bilbrey, entertainment chairman.
- 9:30 am – Costume Contest Registration
- 10:00 am – Pageant Winners and King & Queen Introduction / Costume Contest
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm – Tim Ledbetter Band
- 1:30 – 2:45 pm – Cody Hull
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm – “Parade – Main Stage Break”
- 4:00 – 4:45 pm – Jaimee Paul
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm – Children’s Jubilee
- 6:00 – 6:45 pm – Jaimee Paul
Fireworks top off the event at dark about 7 p.m.
Crafts and Food Vendors - 125+ Vendors set up in the Bruno Gernt Park, all day. All vendors set up anywhere in Allardt and who have not paid the Festival fee are asked to purchase a vendor's permit for $50 at Allardt City Hall and keep it at their site during the festival. The permit verifies that vendors have helped support the festival by their contribution toward festival expenses. The vendor park is sponsored by Micro Metals and Top of the Hill Properties. Cathy Jeffers, event chairman.
~ Free Parking and Free Admission ~
Weigh-off and Festival Event Sponsors and Contributors: