32nd Annual Allardt Great Pumpkin Festival
and Weigh-off, Saturday, October 7, 2023
Festival Kick-off Ceremonies –10 a.m. at Allardt City Hall. Welcome and introduction of the 2023 Great Pumpkin Festival King and Queen with the Festival Beauty Pageant winners. Sponsored by Jimtown Florist.
Pumpkin Run – Online registration available at https://runsignup.com/.../31stAnnualAllardtGreatPumpkinFe....
Day of race registration 7 am to 7:45 am at Allardt Elementary School (220 Portland Avenue). Shirts may not be available for late registrants. Line-up 7:45 to 8 am and start time at 8 am Central Time. Categories of entry are 10K run, 5K run, and 1-mile Fun Run. Sponsored by Hall Family Pharmacy and conducted by local runners and Flowers Trucking to benefit the YAI Bowling Teams. For additional information contact email@example.com.
“James Asberry Memorial Weigh-Off” of Pumpkins and Other Vegetables – Register your pumpkins, squash, watermelons, and other vegetables from 8 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. at the Allardt Elementary School East parking lot. Entry fee $10. The actual weigh-off will take place between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Allardt is an official GPC weigh-off site.
• Pumpkins - First place - $2,000 (2nd – 10thth place – $800, $600, $400, $300, $250, $200, $150, $100, $50)
• Watermelons - First place - $1,000 (2nd – 10th place – $700, $500, $300, $200, $150, $100, $50, $50, $50)
• Green Squash - First place - $500 (2nd – 5th place – $300, $200, $100, $50)
• Prettiest Pumpkin - $100
The big pumpkin winner must ride in the parade or be disqualified. See rules and regulations at www.allardtpumpkinfestival.com. Dwight Dickson will serve as master of ceremonies. John Gunter with the UT Extension Service will serve as the Site Coordinator. Sponsored by Micro Metals PM Inc.; The Quality Family; Dilip Joshi; One Bank; Fentress County Farm Bureau; Jimmy Johnson, Fentress County Executive; and Tennessee Christian Academy.
Antique Auto Show – On-site Registration Saturday, October 7, from 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. Central Time at the 4-Way Stop in Allardt. $15 registration fee to cover event costs. Half of the registrations and swap meet collections will be split between The Hope Foundation and The Avalon Center. All cars and trucks model year 2000 and older are welcome.
• Event Chairman: Tim Cash – Papa’s Garage – 931-284-6620
• Additional Contacts: Arron Daniels 707-502-1970 & Shayne Lusk 813-263-6673
• Administered by: Fentress Newcomers & Shayne’s RV
• Swap Meet Contact: Michelle Cummings: 360-265-7179 MCummings67@yahoo.com
Sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts and O’Reilly Auto Parts.
Tractor Show - 9 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Central Time at the Allardt 4-Way Stop. ALL tractors welcome and encouraged to participate in the Parade!
• Event Chairman – Wesley Anderson – Anderson Farm Services - 931-239-2304
Pumpkin Pie & Roll Contest - Registration Saturday from 8 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Central Time at the Allardt Fire Hall. The $10 entry fee will go to the Allardt Volunteer Fire Department with the actual desserts being served with the BBQ meals purchased at the Fire Hall.
• Day of show registration for HOMEMADE only pies and rolls.
• 1st place $100, 2nd place $50, and 3rd place $25 in each of the two contests.
• Winners announced at noon on stage at City Hall.
• Sponsored and conducted by Amanda Hicks, Fentress County Clerk.
Children’s Costume Contest - Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – noon Central Time at Allardt City Hall Stage. FREE registration.
• Day of show registration only from 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. outside City Hall.
• Categories: Ages 0-2 years; 3-5 years; 6-8 years; 9-12 years; and group.
• Any costume theme acceptable. No live animals, please.
• Sponsored and conducted by SmartBank and sponsored by Guffey Law.
Pumpkin Festival Parade - 3 p.m. Entries will line up on the Baseline Road starting at 2:00 p.m. To line up, follow Highway 52 E from Allardt past the orange water tower to the Les Franklin Road. Turn left at the Les Franklin Road. Then enter the Baseline Road from the Les Franklin Road only. The deadline for entries is noon Thursday, October 5. Call Ashley Bilbrey at 931-397-0300 to register and for additional information.
Entertainment On Stage – Allardt City Hall. Noon – 3:00 pm lineup includes Cody Hull & Friends and South Fork. 4:00 pm features Austin Andrews – “The Cowboy and Company”. William Bilbrey, Entertainment Chairman. Sponsored by Representative Kelly Keisling and City of Jamestown.
Crafts and Food Vendors - Bruno Gernt Park and directly behind the park at the FCBE Alternative School, all day 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Cathy Jeffers, event Chairman.
A Special Thank You to our Sponsors and Service Providers:
Allardt Real Estate Co; Amanda Hicks, Fentress County Clerk; Anderson Farm Services; City of Jamestown; Clarkrange Drug Center; Dilip Joshi; Fentress County Ambulance Service; Fentress County Chamber of Commerce; Fentress County EMA; Fentress County Farm Bureau; Fentress County Sheriff's Dept; Fentress Farmers Cooperative; Guffey Law; Hall Family Pharmacy; Jimmy Johnson, Fentress Co Executive; Jimtown Florist; Micro Metals PM Inc.; NAPA Auto Parts; One Bank; O'Reilly Auto Parts; R & T Trophy; Representative Kelly Keisling; SmartBank; TDOT; The Quality Family; Twin Lakes Telephone Coop; Union Bank; and Senator Ken Yager.