30th Annual Allardt Great Pumpkin Festival
and Weigh-off, Saturday, October 2
Schedule of Events
Pre-Festival Event – 30th Annual Pumpkin Festival Beauty Pageant
Saturday, September 25, 2021, at York Institute Auditorium (701 N. Main Street, Jamestown TN 38556). The first contest begins at 9 a.m. and the final one at 6 p.m.
Entry Fee: $30 Beauty / $10 Photogenic. Entry form and fee to be returned to Illusions Hair Salon (207 Fairgrounds Rd ) or mail to: Pumpkin Festival Beauty Pageant, c/o Julia Purcell, P O Box 314, Jamestown TN 38556 by Thursday, September 23, 2021. There will be a $10 late fee for entry taken after Thursday.
For More Information contact: Julia @ 931-704-1240 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie @ 931-267-5627.
Visit our Facebook page @ Allardt Pumpkin Festival Pageant or follow us on Instagram @ allardt.pumpkin.pageant
Download the entry form at the Allardt Pumpkin Festival Facebook page or pick up a form at Illusions Hair Salon, 207 Fairgrounds Rd., in Jamestown. The pageant is sponsored by Clarkrange Drug Center.
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Special Ceremony to Rename the Weigh-off – 9:30 a.m. at the weigh-off site (Sandy’s Diner building) – The Allardt Weigh-off will officially be renamed the "James Asberry Memorial Weigh-Off." George Killgore (University of Tennessee Extension, Fentress County Director, 1976 – 2003) will join Fentress County Executive Jimmy Johnson in the renaming ceremony.
Festival Kick-off Ceremonies –10 a.m. at Allardt City Hall. Chairman Cathy Jeffers will welcome everyone and present the 2021 Great Pumpkin Festival King and Queen and the 2021 Allardt Pumpkin Festival Beauty Pageant winners. Sponsored by Jimtown Florist.
Pumpkin Run - Registration 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. at Allardt Elementary School. Line-up 7:45 to 8 a.m., and start time at 8 a.m. Categories of entry are 10K run, 5K run, 3K, and 1 mile Fun Run. Entry fee is $15 for the 10k, 5K, and 3k, ($40 for family 3+ entries) and $10 for the 1 mile Fun Run. T-shirts will be available for all pre-registrants. Some shirts available for day-of registrants. Costume Contest with awards for Best Individual and Best Group Costumes. Sponsored by Hall Family Pharmacy to benefit the Tim Tebow Foundation. Entry forms available at Hall Family Pharmacy. Register the morning of the run or online at https://greatpumpkinfestivalpumpkinrun.itsyourrace.com
Weigh-Off of Pumpkins and Other Vegetables – Register your pumpkins, squash, watermelons, and other vegetables from 8 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. at the Sandy’s Diner building. Entry fee $10. The actual weigh-off will take place between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Allardt is an official GPC weigh-off site.
Here are the new prizes for the 30th Annual Weigh-off
Pumpkins - First place - $2000 (2nd – 7th place – $400, $300, $200, $100, $50, $50)
Watermelons - First place - $1000 (2nd – 5th place – $500, $200, $100, $50)
Green Squash - First place - $500 (2nd – 5th place – $300, $200, $100, $50)
Prettiest Pumpkin - $100
The big pumpkin winner must ride in the parade or be disqualified. See rules and regulations at www.allardtpumpkinfestival.com. Dwight Dickson will serve as master of ceremonies. John Gunter with the UT Extension Service will serve as the Site Coordinator. Sponsors include Dr. Dilip Joshi, Fentress County Farm Bureau, Fentress County Soil Conservation District, R&T Trophy, Representative John Mark Windle, Representative Kelly Keisling, Senator Ken Yager, and County Executive Jimmy Johnson.
Clyde and Zelia Stephens Memorial Auto Show
- Registration Saturday from 8 a.m. – noon Central Time at the 4-Way Stop in Allardt. $10 registration fee. ALL cars and trucks welcome and encouraged to participate in the Parade!
Dash plaques to the first 350 entries.
Gift Cards and Car Wash Bucket giveaways.
Day of show registration only.
Swap meet spaces (auto related items only) 15’ x 20’ - $25.
Event Chairman: Stephen Williams, 931-265-3264.
Sponsored by O’Reilly Auto Parts, One Bank, NAPA Auto Parts, and Dave Kirk AutomotiveMotorcycle Show
- Registration Saturday from 8 a.m. – noon Central Time at Allardt Land Company. FREE registration. ALL motorcycles welcome and encouraged to participate in the Parade!
Day of show registration only
Event Chairman – Jeremy Blevins, 931-267-1633.
Sponsored by Scott and Mary Alice Edwards and Top of the Hill Cabins.Antique Tractor Show
- 9 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Central Time behind Allardt Land Company at the Gernt Lumber Yard. ALL antique tractors welcome and encouraged to participate in the Parade!
Event Chairman – Wesley Anderson 931-239-2304.
Sponsored by Anderson Farm Services.
Pumpkin Pie & Roll Contest
- Registration Saturday from 8 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Central Time at the Allardt Fire Hall. The $10 entry fee will go to the Allardt Volunteer Fire Department with the actual desserts being served with the BBQ meals purchased at the Fire Hall.
Day of show registration for HOMEMADE only pies and rolls.
1st place $100, 2nd place $50, and 3rd place $25 in each of the two contests.
Winners announced at noon on stage at City Hall.
Event Chairman – Amanda Hicks.
Sponsored by Amanda Hicks, Candidate for Fentress County Clerk.Children’s Costume Contest
- Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – noon Central Time at Allardt City Hall Stage. FREE registration.
Day of show registration only from 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. outside City Hall.
Categories: Ages 0-2 years; 3-5 years; 6-8 years; 9-12 years; and group.
Any costume theme acceptable. No live animals, please.
Sponsored and conducted by Smart Bank.Pumpkin Festival Parade
- 3 p.m. The parade is always a highlight of the day and one of the largest parades of the year for Fentress County. As usual, parade entries will line up on the Baseline Road. To line up, follow Highway 52 E from Allardt past the orange water tower to the Les Franklin Road. Turn left at the Les Franklin Road. Then enter the Baseline Road from the Les Franklin Road only. The deadline for entries is noon Thursday, Sept. 30. Call Ashley Bilbrey at 397-0300 to register and for additional information.
Entertainment and On Stage Schedule -
Allardt City Hall. William Bilbrey, Entertainment Chairman.
10:00 am – Presentation of Festival King and Queen and pageant winners.
10:15 – Costume Contest
12:00 – 12:45 – Gary Anderson
1:00 – 1:45 – Jeff Crouch
2:00 – 2:45 – Tim Ledbetter & Charles Beaty
3:00 – 3:30 – Stage break for parade
4:00 – 4:45 – Southern Comfort
5:00 – 5:45 – Higher Ground
Crafts and Food Vendors
- Bruno Gernt Park and directly behind the park at the FCBE Alternative School, all day. All vendors set up anywhere in Allardt and who have not paid the fee are asked to purchase a vendor's permit for $25 at Allardt City Hall and keep it at their site during the festival, with the exception of land owners on their own property. The permit verifies that vendors have helped support the festival by their contribution toward festival expenses. The vendor park is sponsored by Micro Metals and Top of the Hill Cabins. Cathy Jeffers, event Chairman.
Fireworks have been discontinued to prevent stress on nearby farm animals and the danger of fire.
~ Free Parking and Free Admission ~
Weigh-off and Festival Event Sponsors and Contributors:
Allardt Real Estate Co., Amanda Hicks, Candidate for Fentress County Clerk, Anderson Farm Services, City of Jamestown, Clarkrange Drug Center, County Executive Jimmy Johnson, Dave Kirk Automotive, Dr. Dilip Joshi, Fentress County Ambulance Service, Fentress County Chamber of Commerce, Fentress County EMA, Fentress County Farm Bureau, Fentress County Sheriff's Dept., Fentress County Soil Conservation District, Fentress Farmers Cooperative, First Volunteer Bank, Hall Family Pharmacy, Jimtown Florist, Micro Metals, Inc., NAPA Auto Parts, One Bank, O'Reilly Auto Parts, R&T Trophy, Representative John Mark Windle, Representative Kelly Keisling, Senator Ken Yager, Smart Bank, TN Department of Transportation, TN Highway Patrol, Top of the Hill Cabins, Twin Lakes Telephone Coop, Union Bank